Do your feet hurt? If so you forgot to take everyone’s advice and wear comfortable shoes! Actually a lesson I learned the hard way at MMS 2013.
Tuesday was chock full of sessions, with no keynotes. Some really great content.
- DCIM-B315 Cloud Optimized Networking in Windows Server 2012 R2
- DCIM-B309 Bare Metal OS Deployment in Microsoft System Center 2012 R2 Virtual Machine Manager: This Is How It Is Done!
- DCIM-B334 In-Depth Introduction to Service Management Automation
- DCIM-B414 Transforming Bare Metal into Logical Switches Using Microsoft System Center 2012 R2 Virtual Machine Manager
- DCIM-B352 Designing Network Infrastructures for Hybrid Cloud
I’m super excited to get back home, and rebuild my lab using some of the bare metal technics covered in both bare metal sessions I attended. However, I do have some concerns after I heard that VMQ will limit total bandwidth for 10Gbps adapter going through a logical/virtual switch. 3.5Gbps is a severe penalty. I talked to Greg Cusanza at the Microsoft booth if this was per Live Migration operation or a cumulative limit. Greg was going to reach out to some colleagues and get back to me.